Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Well... I was one of those who woke up at 4am to watch the coverage of the Royal Wedding this morning.  I had the DVR recording it on NBC and I watched it live on BBC America.  I have to say that BBC America had the best coverage.  I was turned off by NBC when I saw The Kiss Countdown.  Give me a break.  Leave it to American TV to cheapen the event.


I thought the ceremony was lovely and Kate was a classic, beautiful bride.  There are no words for Princes William and Harry.  Well, maybe, Yummy!  I always enjoy seeing the Royal Family and am so impressed with The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.  I heard the she is in her mid 80's and he is 90!  I can only hope I can walk unassisted when Im that age.  Heck, I hope I live to be their age!  WOW!


The whole event was fantastic but I have to say that it was My Elizabeth that made my day.  She got to sleep in so when she woke up we watched the Prince and Princess get married.  I told her it was like Cinderella and she was hooked!  We had a lot of fun commenting on all of the beautiful hats the ladies wore but we cracked up at a few of the CRAZY ones.  What were they thinking and don't they have an honest friend that can tell them they look crazy?  I guess not!  But the best part was when Elizabeth was watching Kate walk down the long aisle with her father and I heard Elizabeth sniffle fake tears.  I gave her a tissue and she blew her nose and wiped her eyes and said " The Princess makes me cry".  How cute is that?  My 5 year old cries at weddings too!


After that her patience was wearing thin so she found something to color and looked up for the vows and Kate receiving her ring.  I could see her taking it all in.  Then when Kate and Wills rode the carriage bake to Buckingham Palace, Elizabeth said "I wish I could get married".   So I gave her the lecture about finding the right man when she said  "No!  Like the kids there!"  So She wanted to be one of the Bridesmaids in their fancy dresses!  That made me laugh since marriage has been on her mind for a long while now.  She is in Pre-School and she and her friend Brian got married in the play yard a couple of months ago.  They are obviously best friends but I freaked when Elizabeth mentioned something about Brian kissing her.  My eyes wide I asked "Where did he kiss you?  On the cheek?"  NO!  On the forehead?  NO!  On the Lips?  NO!  Oh Man, this is where I start sweating.  "So I ask, Where does Brian kiss you?"  and with a dahhaa Mom attitude she said "On the feet!"  I cracked up and told her "Good Girl!  You be sure to marry any man who will kiss your feet!"


This is my Elizabeth!  She is the best!  This is a morning I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment