Sunday, April 24, 2011

Buttery Rolls



1 C Warm Milk
1/2 C Butter, room temp
1/4 C Sugar
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
4 C Bread Flour
2 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
I’ve been making these rolls for a while now and I think I’ve finally found the best version.
My house is usually on the cool side so I warm my bread machine pan in the oven for a few minutes.  
Then in a 2 qt measuring cup I warm the milk then add the sugar and yeast.  I stir it well to dissolve the sugar then pour it in the warm bread machine pan to proof for 10 minutes.
Then I add the butter a tablespoon at a time, then the beaten eggs, then the flour, then the salt.
I set the bread machine to the dough cycle and let it do it’s thing.  When it’s done I pour out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and press it into a rectangle the size of the pan I’m using.  I use a 9X13.  Spray the pan with non stick cooking spray first.  I use a biscuit cutter to cut the dough and place them in the pan.  Then I cover the pan and let it rise again until it’s doubled in size.  This usually takes 40 minutes or so.  
When risen I brush them with an egg wash.  You could also use some melted butter.  Then I sprinkle some coarse salt on top.
Place them in a 375 degree oven for about 15-17 minutes.  The tops will be nicely browned when done.
Family Rating: 10
This is the first time I proofed the yeast and it made all the difference.  They came our light and fluffy.  My daughter had 3 of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment