Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Thoughts

Tonight I sit here in bed as I learn about the mission that resulted in the death of Osama bin Laden.  I have so many mixed emotions about it.  I remember 9/11 like is was yesterday.  I will never forget it.  My Tim was still in school and getting ready to commission.  I knew then our lives would be taking a turn.
Tonight I see so many people celebrating in NYC and D.C and wonder how many are thinking our fight is over, mission complete.  It is a very happy thought but a naive one at that.  Bin Laden is dead but unfortunately there is another one ready to pick up where he left off.  We clipped off one domino but still need to take on the next one.
Everyone is celebrating and elated because we finally got our man.  One less evil is out there.  The one we feared the most is gone.  Hallelujah  His death almost 10 years after 9/11.  I still can't believe it took that long.  I hate that I've become such a cynic.  10 YEARS to get him.  I think that is a testament at how ill equipped our intelligence was.  It makes me think and distrust our previous administration.  I hate thinking they let him go just to extend the war and make a buck.  I hate thinking this way but I can't help it.
That being said, I am so proud of our troops and so happy for this success.  We've been waiting for this for a long time.  God Bless Us All

No comments:

Post a Comment