Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crustless Quiche


A dear friend of mine gave me this recipe.  Thank You Apryl.  She gave me a vegetarian version and I hammed it up!  This has been a favorite of mine since I’ve been making it.    Not only do I love it but this is something I would take to MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) meetings and it was a huge hit there too.  I’d always be asked to share the recipe.  These are great recommendations for this quiche but... Elizabeth has ALWAYS liked it.  How great is that when a toddler eats something that has almost all of the food groups in it??  AND... it has zucchini and spinach in it which are 2 veggies I can’t get her to normally eat.  Oh Yeah!
OK, so I don’t have Bisquick and in my new efforts to use little or no pre-packaged food I’m not going to buy any.  I checked out the label of ingredients and I searched on-line and I think It’ll be easy to make myself.  I’m going to try it for the first time in this recipe.  I may make a lot and try it in pancakes this weekend too.
This quiche is pretty dense and packed with veggies so tonight I’ll serve it with fresh grapes and strawberries. 
1 M Zucchini, peeled and grated
1 package of Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained
2 C Swiss Cheese, grated
2 C Ham, cubed/diced
5 Eggs lightly beaten
1/4 C Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 C Bisquick  or homemade version
In an large mixing bowl whisk eggs and oil together.  Then add all the remaining ingredients and combine well with a spoon.  Pour into a 9in pie plate or quiche pan that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Cook in a 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the pan.   The top will be golden and the center firm and not jiggly.  Let sit 5-10 minutes before slicing.


Family Rating: 10+  This is just yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment