Tuesday, April 26, 2011

CrockPot Ham


I decided to try something new this year and cook our Easter Ham in the CrockPot.  Tim and Elizabeth wanted their favorite Buttery Rolls with dinner so I needed the oven.  I didn't do anything really special but we all thought it was just exceptional and I've been ordered never to bake the ham again!  The Ham was delicious and literally fell apart and melted in your mouth.  I didn't want Tim to take this picture because it is such a mess on the plate but he insisted.  The fact that it's blurry certainly doesn't help.  But it is what it is.


1 8lb Pre-Cooked Ham with glaze packet
3 Cups Apple Juice


I removed the ham from the packaging and the little plastic disc from the bone then placed the ham in the CrockPot cut side down.  I prepared the glaze as directed and poured it over the ham.  Then I added about 3 cups of apple juice to the CrockPot.  I did not pour it over the ham.  I didn't want to wash away the glaze flavors.  I could have added more cloves and ginger and maybe some orange peel but I didn't want to go too bold with flavors since I wasn't sure how Elizabeth would take it.  Ham is her favorite and I didn't want it kill it for her.


The next challenge was that the ham was too big for my 7qt CrockPot so I used tin foil.  I tented the foil, sealed it tight to the edges and cut a small hole in the foil to vent a little.  I probably broke a dozen safety rules but it's too late now.  Ooops!


I set the CrockPot to Low and let it go for 5-6 hours.


Family Rating: 10 and High Five!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment