Friday, April 22, 2011

Mexican Night

I survived the first day of Spring Break because we had errands to do.  The Costco and Walmart runs for Easter dinner had to be made.  We always get our ham at Costco.  We and all of our friends that we've served their ham to all agree, theirs is the best.  We bought a pretty big one since I have plans for the leftovers!

When we got home I had a few things to chop and shred for Mexican night!  I decided to make homemade guacamole so I bought a bag of avocados at Costco.  When will I learn to plan a day or so ahead when avocados are involved?  So they were a little hard still for the guac but I used them anyway.  What I did was put it all in my Tupperware Quick Chef.

I have to tell you, this is one of my favorites pieces of Tupperware.  It's definitely on my MUST HAVE list.  See...I hate chopping and dicing.  When something has to be diced it turns out more like a chop.  If it's onions forget about it!  Since I'm crying, my eyes are closed so I have no idea how it's turning out.  The funny thing is I have a beautiful Cuisinart food processor but my kitchen has little counter or cupboard space so it's still packed away.  But the Quick Chef is small.  All of it's accessories fit inside of it so it takes up so little room.  After a few quick turns of the handle I'm done!  I keep mine handy because I use it all the time!  I will add the link to my Tupperware site soon so you can take a look at it.

Now back to Mexican night.  Everything came out great.  I marinated the flank steak overnight and it cooked in my CrockPot all day.  The meat just broke apart and shredded easily for tacos and burritos.  Elizabeth even liked it.  She loves making her own beef and cheese burritos.  The guacamole came out pretty good.  I just kind of fudged the recipe because I didn't think it could be goofed up.  It wasn't mooshy like it should have been but next time it will be since the remaining avocados are ripening in my fruit bowl.  The recipe made plenty and we have enough for leftovers at lunch.  I think I'll give Tim a tomato stuffed with the guac and also a big burrito since I have plenty of the other diced veggies too.  It all sounds good to me.

At the last minute last night I decided to make a pineapple upside-down cake.  I cheated and made it in the microwave.  By the time we were done with dinner the cake was ready.  We were a little impatient so we were eating it still warm.  It was delish!

Tonight is a gym night so I'm off the hook for dinner.  Hooray for CrockPot Pasta leftovers!!

2 comments:

  1. It would be great if you posted the recipe for your homemade guacamole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin - Here's the link http://missmargiethegingerbreadlady.blogspot.com/2011/04/guacamole.html

    ReplyDelete