Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!!

I hope you all have enjoyed your Easter holiday as much as I have.  Of course the highlight was seeing Elizabeth get so excited seeing her Easter basket for the first time.    We didn’t wait to get her all dolled up either.  The picture will be a blackmail photo for sure!  As you can see SCOUT was a big hit.  He was a gift from Aunt Lori, Uncle Vic and Lexi.  Elizabeth already has the Violet version.  She ended up tying a fancy hair tie that had flowing ribbons from it around Violet's ears.  I guess that was her veil!!  Too funny.  She took Violet and Scout upstairs so they can get married. Marriage has been big on her mind lately.  The Easter Bunny brought her the Barbie and Ken wedding set.  That was unwrapped within minutes!  She is too funny!




After our Easter Egg hunt we kind of vegged out and watched an interesting video about Pixar.  I can't believe I sat there teary eyed.  I cry about everything!  But I sat there and saw how they created these movies and they are part of our family.  I think we own all of them and we all love them so much we can watch them over and over again.  And then I thought about how creative and fun they all are at Pixar.  I wish I had a tsp of their drive and talent.  Good Lord, of course I have to use a cooking term there.  I'm hopeless.
Anyway....after that we scrambled to get ourselves ready and we headed out to do some geocaching.  If you don't know about geocaching look it up.  When I can figure out how to add a link to their site I will.  But here it goes...  We call it a Treasure Hunt.  People hide caches all over the world and post the GPS coordinates of the cache on the geocaching website.  People can search for caches in their area and use a GPS or an APP on their phone to find them.  We try to do this when we can and everywhere we go.  We've found caches in Washington, Colorado, Mt. Rushmore and so many other places we've traveled to.  It is a lot of fun and can take you off the beaten path.  We have so much fun exploring new and beautiful places.  Well, we didn’t have much luck today.  We found 1 of 4.  We even ran into a couple of other geocachers and they weren’t having much luck either.  But the important thing is that we enjoyed time as a family.  We never have problems doing that.  It was a lovely afternoon.








We got home a little late so I hurried to get the dinner rolls going in the bread maker.  Yup, dinner was a little late today but we didn’t mind.  The rolls are worth the wait.
This year I made our ham in the CrockPot.  I’m making a 8 1/4 lb ham this year.  Typical me, I found out that it didn’t fit in my largest CrockPot.  I think I broke several safety rules and ended up covering it with aluminum foil.  My ham came with a glaze packet so I made that as directed and poured it over the ham then added a couple cups of apple juice.  It cooked on low about 6 hours.  When we got home after geocaching the house smelled terrific and the ham was cooking nicely.
Tonight I also made my Grandma Sue’s Parsley Potatoes.  It’s always been a family favorite and now Tim won’t eat ham dinner without them.  Thanks Grandma Sue!




We also had green beans with dinner and The Big Cookie for dessert.  I'm not going to add the recipe here because it's the recipe on the bag of Milk Chocolate Chips I used.  I just made it in a big quiche dish.  Tim loves this recipe because it's soft in the center the way he likes it and I like the crunchier edges.  I love this recipe because it's so easy to throw together since I don't have to dirty 2-3 cookie sheets or take the time for several batches of cookies.


The whole meal was a big hit and even Elizabeth had seconds of everything!  Hooray!!!  And now the cook is beat and ready to kick back and have a cup of tea and go to bed! OH, I may have to watch Celebrity Apprentice before I go upstairs!  

No comments:

Post a Comment