Tuesday, May 3, 2011

CrockPot Chicken Wings




This is a recipe that has taken a little time to get right.  I make these with either BBQ sauce or Teriyaki sauce.  The trick is to cook the wings in the oven first and not to drown them in too much sauce.  I like cooking them this way since they are not fried and I'm able to drain some fat away first.  I'm not sure how many calories I'm saving but it's something!


1.5-2lb Chicken Wings
1-1.5 C BBQ or Teriyaki Sauce  (may need a little more for more wings)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees


Place a wire cooling rack in a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan, as long as it has a raised edge.
Place the wings on the rack, skin side up.  Place in the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes.  The objective is to cook off some of the fat and to let the skins crisp up a little bit.  This prevents them from getting too mooshy in the CrockPot.


Place the wings in the CrockPot and pour sauce over the wings and toss to coat.


Cook on low 3-4 hours




Family Rating: 10!!  This is a favorite for my gang and it's on the regular rotation.  There are never any leftovers.  Try them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment