Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

What a fabulous day I had.  Not only did I get to sleep in but I was awakened by Elizabeth screaming at the side of my bed "SURPRISE!!!  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!"  Then my Tim arrives with a tray filled with ham and cheese scrambled eggs, toast and orange juice.  We all sat in bed and ate breakfast together!  Fabulous!


We all kind of vegged out after that but we managed to get ourselves together and took a drive through the Susquehanna State Park.  We went to the Stepping Stone Museum and had so much fun.  It's a farm that dates back to the 1700's and there is an old farm house and barns to explore.  The volunteers were so nice and really took the time to explain what it was really like to live back then.  We walked through the blacksmith shop and the wood shop and a great cannery exhibit.  I just had so much fun being with Tim and Elizabeth and really enjoying the park on such a lovely day.


We had an easy evening and I'm not looking forward to another week to start.  Back to housework I go!  Oh how I hope I can get it together this week.


I did take a moment to think back about my mom though.  She died the day before Mother's Day a few years ago so it's difficult not to think about her over Mother's Day weekend. We didn't have the best relationship when I was growing up.  It wasn't until I was 30 years or so that we finally became friends.  I am so thankful for that, it's all I've ever wanted, really.  She unknowingly taught me the best and the worst of a Mother/Daughter relationship.  I hope that I can take these lessons and give my daughter much better than I had.  I want a close relationship with my daughter throughout her life and not just toward the end of mine.  

I know that motherhood is a gift.  Five years ago my daughter was born and all my prayers were answered.  I thank God everyday for his gift.  I make sure that Tim and Elizabeth know how much they are loved and cherished sometimes sickeningly so EVERYDAY!  I am truly blessed
Happy Mother’s Day to Me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment