Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pulled Pork




This is the easiest thing to do with a pork roast.  Today we had plans for the day and I knew that we'd be home late and I wouldn't have time to make dinner.  So I take out my 6.5 qt CrockPot.  This is a favorite of my husbands and I love it because it's so easy.


1 Large Onion
1 4-5Lb Pork or Beef Roast
1 Large Jar of Your favorite BBQ Sauce
Fresh Kaiser Rolls or Hamburger Buns


Cut the onion into thin slices and cover the bottom of the crock.  Lay the roast on top of the sliced onion cover and cook on Low for at least 8 hours.  The meat should just fall apart when it's done.  There will be a lot of juice in the bottom of the crock so just shred the meat with a fork and mix it into the juice and onion.  Then add your favorite BBQ sauce.  You may not need the entire jar of sauce.  Use as much as you like.  Spoon onto a nice roll or hamburger bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment