Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries



I've been making these since Elizabeth was able to eat "real" food and not pureed baby food.  These are so good my husband and I love them too.  This picture doesn't do them justice.  When I make them again I'll post a better picture.

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees

1-2 Sweet Potatoes or Yams, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
2-3 T Olive Oil
Cinnamon and Sugar to taste

Place potato slices in medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil.  Place on baking sheet and use pastry bush to make sure each slice has some olive oil on it, they should NOT be swimming in olive oil though.  Bake for 20 minutes or so.  Stick with fork to test for tenderness.  The fork should slide in easily.  Remove from pan and sprinkle lightly with sugar and cinnamon.  These are so good the sugar and cinnamon is not necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment